Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pecan Halibut Sandwich

In Appleton, WI there is a little restaurant called Pullman's At Trolley Square. The best thing I ever had there was the Pecan Halibut. I always have them make it a sandwich (not on the menu, but you can ask for it) I moved to the east cost about a year ago and have been trying to recreate it ever since.
 
Here it is and it is good. I adapted Pecan Crusted Halibut recipe to fit my sandwich needs. (Original recipe can be found here)
 
Ingredients:
 
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
-3/4 teaspoon black pepper
-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
-2 large eggs
-1 1/4 cups pecans, finely chopped
-1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs
-8 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
-1/4 cup butter
-8-16 rolls


Directions:
 
Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Whisk mustard and eggs in another shallow bowl. Combine pecans and breadcrumbs in a third shallow bowl.
 
Dredge each halibut fillet in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip halibut in egg mixture to coat; drain excess. Place halibut in pecan mixture, pressing slightly to coat both sides of the fillet.
 
Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add fillets, in batches, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, adding additional butter as needed. Arrange fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until done. Serve on toasted rolls.
 
I use small potato rolls that are found in the bakery section at Walmart, and I melt a small dish of butter to dip the sandwich in. (I'm sure that much butter is bad for you, but it's so tasty) For sides I make fresh asparagus and homemade mashed potatoes.
 
 
 

Like this recipe? Make sure to Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment